SIP Trunks are emerging as the de-facto replacement for PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) connections. Traditionally, these have been fixed wires into buildings, provided by a local Telco, and in the form of COT (analogue) or BRI/PRI ISDN (digital) telephone lines.
ISDN in many countries is timetabled to be discontinued in the next 7 years, and it seems that SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) trunks have finally come of age as an alternative which has more advantages than ever over ISDN. SIP utilises your secure data connection, meaning you only need one connection for data and voice, whilst maintaining, or improving on the quality of, the service and reliability.
Switch and Save
Switching to SIP offers impressive ROI, as it usually comes with easy to understand bundles of free calls, and when compared with ISDN is cheaper per line, frequently has shorter terms of rentals and normally doesn't have a number tariff.
What's more, SIP trunking connects into your existing phone system and can be delivered over any kind of data connection, from ADSL, all the way up to fixed 2, 10, 100 or 1000 Mpbs connections.
- Optimises your IP Virtual Private Network (VPN) or Managed Internet Access by adding voice to your internet connectivity
- Perfect for businesses with multiple sites
- Future proof with a well-established technology, and beat the PSTN deadline
- Consolidate your voice and data network and save money whilst increasing reliability and flexibility
- Take advantage of SIP's ability to handle thousands of calls at a time
- Your gateway to Unified Communications and a full suite of communication tools